Thursday, October 6, 2011

I Miss My Team

   i just wanna compete again. i wanna go back to junior year and look through that face mask again. i want it all again. i want the sweat and the blood. i want the sprints, the super sets, and the plate workouts. i want the coaches' spit back on my face after he just got done telling me to put that fuckin' kid in the hospital. I want that controlled anger that I used to use. i want that competitive fire back; that one that drives you to do things you never would.
   one practice is all i need, i don't even need a game. just one practice with my team again would be all that i could ask for. i wanna practice til the sun goes down then turn those lights on that everyone used to hate and practice til the sun comes back up. i loved my team and i miss the security in knowing my boys wouldn't hesitate to flat back somebody i don't see. i remember when Carlos knocked himself out and tore the ligaments in that kid's neck because we always did the hitting, never took em. i remember freshmen year when Carey sent the quarterback out of the game screaming "i can't see anything". call me sick but i feed off that shit.

No comments: