Tuesday, September 27, 2011

   The peoples effort to govern themselves has resulted in, for me, a mistrust of men and an utter reliance on my own ideas, beliefs, and thoughts. I realize the dangers of such solitude, but I have subconsciously determined the perils of people to be far greater than that of one man. I find that the gravity of our so called problems is far too much for the variety of human opinion, and I cannot find hope in any physical entity other than my bible.
   I am afraid I become what I never wanted to be: a budding conspiracy theorist with an empty trunk of trust and a thick canopy of paranoia for shelter. I have become an individual who is fearful of calculated fallacy and totally void of trust. My own family seems suspect to my suspicions. I feel as though I have been formed into a shape that I want to shed. In fact, being defined by a singular shape is the very thing I try to avoid.
   I'm tired of agenda's and being constantly being bombarded with various influences. I need reality and unfortunately I feel as though that is coming harder and harder to come by. When it comes to government and politics, I would rather spend my time "doing me" than worrying about what other people think. Cuz thats all it is to me is everyone's thoughts streaming by the public spotlight without any action. Is this the way to be?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh yes, I have become so very apathetic to politics for this reason!